This increasingly popular fixture for small businesses in Hertfordshire, which is organised by the Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) and the University of Hertfordshire, will once again take place at de Havilland Campus, Hatfield. The conference rounds off the CIM’s Small Business Week and is a must for any small business owner, or manager, interested in how marketing drives business growth.
We are delighted to offer Chamber Members our CIM Member rate. Please phone 01628 427340 and quote promotional code HCC-SBM15 (only available for current members of Hertfordshire Chamber of Commerce).
Expert speakers include Professor Malcolm McDonald, the UK's pre-eminent authority on marketing strategy, together with a leading expert in social media who will explain how to convert likes into leads into customers. Other recognised experts will talk about marketing communications, digital marketing, social media and exporting. For the line up of speakers, see list below:
• Professor Nigel Caulkin, Department of Marketing & Enterprise, University of Hertfordshire
• Darrin C Lewis, Grant Thornton: Growth initiatives and funding
• Serial entrepreneur Russ Nathan: how to build a successful business
• Steve Woolley, CIM: results of the CIM small business survey
• Susannah Poulton, UKTI: user experience design for international markets
• Danny Bermant, social media and Linked In expert: converting fans to customers
• Bryony Thomas: ‘Watertight Marketing’ revisited
• Professor Malcolm Macdonald, until recently Professor of Marketing, Cranfield University School of Management
You will leave with knowledge of why some areas of your marketing may not be working and tools for how to make what is working better. The CIM will also reveal key findings from its latest small business national research survey and new initiatives for support and funding for small businesses. This event-packed day presents opportunities to visit companies exhibiting at the conference and to network with your peers over coffee and a buffet lunch.
Remember that to book the special Chamber Member offer of the CIM Member rate, members should phone 01628 427340during normal office hours and quote the promotional code HCC-SBM15 (only available for current members of Hertfordshire Chamber of Commerce).
Registration is from 09:00; the event starts at 09:30 and finishes at 16:00. Places are limited and demand often exceeds supply at this popular event, so please book early to avoid disappointment. Our feedback survey from the previous year indicates that at least 90% of delegates would recommend the event to a colleague!
The Chamber Team will be attending the event and we look forward to meeting members at this annual marketing conference designed specifically for SMEs.