Geraldine Fabre, a French Corporate specialist lawyer, and Marta Grieve, a Russian/CIS expert, are both joining Sherrards Solicitors as the firm moves into its new premises in the City of London on 1st June.
Facts about Geraldine Fabre:-
• dual-qualified English / French lawyer
• recognised in the leading directory, Chambers Global, as a foreign expert on French-related matters
• Geraldine is an advisory counsel member to the French Chamber of Commerce of Great Britain
• will be supported by highly-proficient French speakers including Deirdre Donnellon (Commercial Property) who studied for her Doctorate in France, and Nicole Marmor (Private Client) who has practised in French-related matters for many years.
Geraldine will be joining the Corporate department as a partner, complementing the existing team which is led by two former senior partners of City firms and the former Head of Corporate of a top-thirty law firm.
Facts about Marta Grieve:-
• practised law in Ukraine, Russia and Kazakhstan where she set up the regional office of Magisters, which, in turn, merged with leading Moscow law firm Egorov Puginsky Afanasiev & Partners (EPAM)
• fluent Russian, Ukrainian and English speaker
• joins the Litigation department, focusing on heavyweight litigation and arbitration work on behalf of Russians and those from the CIS region wanting to resolve their disputes in England, which is seen by many as the jurisdiction of choice
• joins Sherrards from a leading English specialist fraud firm, PCB Litigation
Marta Grieve comments: “I have chosen to house my practice with Sherrards because I can see they are a firm which understands the Russian and CIS region, and can provide the breadth of services needed for this specialist sector.”
Geraldine Fabre adds: “I was looking for a good international platform to work from, with a firm that is outward-facing, so I was drawn to Sherrards, particularly attracted by the firm’s growing international reputation and what the practice has achieved in the past few years has been magnifique!”
Alasdair McMillin, Managing Partner of Sherrards, says: “I think Geraldine Fabre and Marta Grieve joining us represents a very significant move for the firm, as we continue to grow our international offering with the development of our Russian- and French-speaking units, each led by lawyers of real calibre. This sits alongside the great work also being carried out by Laurel Zhang, who continues to lead our Chinese desk, so all in all we have a lot to shout about - particularly now, as we move into our new, landmark premises in the City of London.”