Mercy Ships is a charity partner for the next 3 years on this amazing event in Scotland called the Rob Roy Challenge. We have been selected as one of 3 benefitting charities.
2015 is the 10th anniversary of the Rob Roy Challenge and therefore we hope to inspire many more participants on 20th June 2015. Please take a look at www.robroychallenge.com
Here’s the Rob Roy Challenge in a nutshell:
- The Rob Roy Challenge started in 2006 and since then over £2.7m has been raised for charity
- Over 5,000 brave hearts have already completed the challenge, several more than once!
- It’s an achievable challenge which includes a 16 mile walk and a 39 mile bike ride through some of the most beautiful Scottish countryside
- It starts in Drymen and ends in Kenmore with an unforgettable celebration and prizegiving party with fireworks as the sun goes down at the finishing line
- There are different levels, so if anyone really wanted to, they could just do the 16 mile walk, or the walk and a short ride of 22 miles and/or the walk and the full ride of 39 miles
- The registration fee is currently £65 each regardless of distance you choose to take on, and we ask everyone to raise a minimum of £350 in sponsorship each
- There is no limit to the size of a team – the bigger the better as you can support each other through training and on the day, and of course raise even more funds. Participants don’t need to worry about starting and finishing together if they are all mixed ability but of course it’s probably more fun if they do
- It’s a brilliant team building experience and of course if a company entered more than one team it can become quite competitive as they battle it out to be supreme winners
- The funds are all pooled and shared equally between the benefitting partner charities with one quarter being used to make small but important donations to a number of smaller charities over and above the 3 partner charities
- It’s a thrilling 55-mile event through some of Scotland’s most stunning scenery, and Saturday 20th June 2015 is the date.
- It’s a tough, but achievable hike and bike challenge and it’s the perfect event for a great team challenge, as well as an opportunity to raise money for some fantastic charities.
- Firm emphasis is also placed on having fun, with a huge party held in the marquee on the banks of Loch Tay at the finish line; including a hearty feast, live bands and a spectacular fireworks display once the sun goes down. An incredible end to an incredible day.