Following two public consultations on an early draft document, Broxbourne Council submitted its draft Local Plan for examination in public, on 18 March 2018. Planning Inspector William Fieldhouse BA (Hons) MA MRTPI was appointed by the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government to examine the Plan.
The Inspector’s task is to consider the ‘soundness’ of the submitted Plan, based on criteria set out in national policy. Through the examination process, the Council proposed a number of modifications to the Plan. Proposed modifications include:
• Reduction in the level of proposed retail floorspace at Brookfield;
• Deletion of the proposed business campus at Brookfield;
• Allocation of Maxwells Farm West for business uses;
• Allocation of a number of small urban sites for residential development; and
• Modifications to ensure that the policies are sound in relation to the natural and historic environment.
Consultation on the main modifications and associated documents takes place between 12noon, Tuesday 7 January and 5pm, Wednesday 19 February 2020.
Following the consultation, the Inspector will consider the representations received before he issues his final report. Subject to the findings of the final report, the Council will then adopt the Local Plan as policy.
Hard copies of the consultation documents are available to view in the following locations:
• Broxbourne Council Offices, Bishops’ College, Churchgate, Cheshunt, EN8 9XQ
• Cheshunt Library, Turners Hill, Hertfordshire, EN8 8LB
• Goffs Oak Community Library, Goffs Lane, EN7 5ET
• Hoddesdon Library, 98a High Street, Hoddesdon, EN11 8HD
• Waltham Cross Library, 123 High Street, Waltham Cross, EN8 7AN
Further information regarding the consultation, including electronic copies of the consultation documents and response forms, are available to download on the consultation webpage at www.broxbourne.gov.uk/mainmodifications.