The role as Chair will be:
• the effective management of a small board of trustees
• supporting the Managing Director and his Team
• ensuring the company’s strategic and charitable objectives and values are met
• promoting good governance
• an ‘ambassador’ for the company, by developing constructive relationships with key stakeholders in the community
The role is unpaid, although reasonable travelling expenses will be reimbursed, and would suit someone who has the appropriate financial acumen, integrity, and gravitas, and who has held a senior board position in the private or public sector. Whilst an interest in sports, leisure, or culture would be preferable, the role is ideal for a social entrepreneur from the public sector, or someone with a track record of commercial success and experience with growth, development and change, who is looking to ‘give something back’ to the local community.
SLL is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applicants from all sections of the community
To apply, please email your CV along with a covering letter to the HR Manager:
For an informal chat about the position, please contact Ian Morton, Managing Director, 01438 242233.
Closing date for applications Friday 16th August 2013, 12.00pm. Interviews will potentially be held w/c 19th August.