Who are we?
We provide care and support for adults and children with a learning disability and are based in Welwyn garden City. Please see our website for further details http://www.jubileehouse.com/
We need you to
Use your experience and attention to detail to look after the financial systems of the organisation
What will I be doing?
· Liaising with the chief executive, finance manager and other finance staff.
· Ensuring Trustees are supplied with financial information by staff in a form that enables them to understand the organisations’ financial position and outlook
· Acting as an interpreter in financial matters to trustees who have limited understanding of finance
· Ensuring the maintenance of accounting standards and Companies Acts’ requirements by the organisation and sound internal controls
· Taking the lead in developing policies relating to finances, reserves and investments.
· Providing strategic advice to the board on financial matters
· Considering the financial implications of strategic plans, annual budgets and financial management reports
· Liaising with external auditors and taking the lead in their appointment. What skills do I need?
· Formal accountancy qualification essential
· Charity sector experience desirable
· Familiarity with local authority tendering process desirable
· The ability to work as part of a team
· Honesty and reliabilityHow much time do I need to commit?
· Attendance at regular Board Meetings (4 hours, max 7 per year)
· Finance Committee meetings (2 hours, bi-monthly)
· half-day reviews (2 annually)
What benefits can I expect?
· The satisfaction of knowing you are working for a developing organisation
· Learning new skills and gaining experience of the care sector
· The enjoyment of meeting new people and being part of a team.Please apply in writing enclosing your current C.V to Catharine Hopper Chief Executive Officer.Jubilee House Care Trust Ltd, 1st Floor, St David’s House, 11 Blenheim Court, Brownfields, Welwyn Garden City, AL7 1AD.