Are you a trustee looking to make an impact on your board?
Do you feel confident in your decision making during COVID-19?
Are you now looking ahead into the recovery period and beyond?
Our series of 12 x FREE online webinars have been designed to support trustees, chairs,
CEO's & senior staff members, to feel more informed and supported to
lead their organisations effectively.
Our Better Boards online trustee training programme, has been designed to improve the effectiveness of the Hertfordshire voluntary sector, both during COVID-19 and beyond. During these uncertain times, strong leadership will be vital in ensuring sustainability for local organisations. Upcoming courses include:
Charity & Community Sector 'New Normal' BOOK HERE
Fri 29 May 18.00- 20.00 Date is approaching- Book now to reserve your place
So you have weathered the current crisis so far, but what will the VCS sector in Hertfordshire look like over the next 6 months and beyond? This interactive webinar is intended to support chairs, trustees, CEO's and senior staff to consider how they may need to adapt their organisation, to be effective in a new and unknown landscape, to not only survive but thrive! The webinar will cover:
- The practicalities of using public spaces, eg venues, transportation
- How does the likelihood of 'Shielding' effect your board?
- The mental well being of staff and board members
- Staying connected
- Funding implications
- How to plan for working in an environment with so many unknown variables
- Working in collaboration within the sector
Starting or Changing to a Social Enterprise Model BOOK HERE
Sat 30 May 16.00- 18.00 Date is approaching- Book now to reserve your place
Are you a community group looking to become a social enterprise? Or perhaps you would like to change to a social enterprise model? 'Starting or changing to a social enterprise model' is intended to support existing board members & staff, as well as potential social enterprise founders (for this session you do not have to be an existing organisation to attend, but you do need to be a Hertfordshire resident). The webinar will cover:
- The fundamental differences of a charity & Community Interest Company (CIC)
- Members & voting rights
- Examples of CIC annual documents
- Application process
- Examples of good enterprise
Covid-19 – Human Resource implications for survival BOOK HERE
Mon 01 June 18.00 - 20.00 Date is approaching- Book now to reserve your place
As a trustee, do you fully understand how the current climate may be affecting your organisation from an HR perspective? This webinar is suitable for both board and staff members of Hertfordshire VCS organisations: Trustees, Chair, CEO & senior leadership staff. By the end of this webinar you will:
- Develop an awareness of some of the key contractual issues, processes and policies which need to be reviewed and/or amended in the current climate.
- Understand the importance of duty of care , providing a safe working environment and managing the health of employees and volunteers.
- Be able to plan the effective utilisation of technology to meet the needs of the organisation and its employees and volunteers.
- Understand what and when to communicate strategically and to whom.
- Utilise new opportunities to attract & retain talented employees and volunteers.
Video communication, challenges & solutions BOOK HERE
Wed 03 June 18.00 - 20.00
Do you have zoom fatigue? How do you keep your board meetings and webinars interesting online?
Video communication - challenges & solutions' is suitable for both board and staff members of Hertfordshire VCS organisations: Trustees, Chair, CEO & senior leadership staff. This webinar will cover:
- Moving out of your comfort zone
- Tips on how to host a video conference & more importantly, how to do it well
- Technical specifications
- 'Zoom fatigue'
- Adapting to webinar training
- Future-proofing your business
Covid-19 – Trustees Stepping into a Crisis BOOK HERE
Thur 04 June 18.00 - 20.00
As a trustee, what are the important questions that you should be asking right now? How do you now move on from crisis, into recovery and beyond? This webinar is intended to provide guidance to trustees, so that they can feel equipped with the knowledge to lead their organisation through this crisis. The webinar will include:
- The important questions that trustees should be asking right now
- Key elements of the Charity Governance Code
- Using the skills of your board
- Assessing your financial position
- Strategic business planning (e.g prioritising service delivery)
- Moving from confusion to recovery
Further Better Boards webinars to be held in June include:
Tue 09 June Minute Taking
Mon 15 June Running a successful AGM
Wed 17 June Is your strategy fit for purpose?
Tue 23 June Inspiring Leadership during COVID-19
Thu 25 June Risk Management: Principles for good decision making
Mon 29 June Understanding & developing the CEO-Chair relationship
Tue 30 June An introduction to the Charity Governance Code