If Business Premises Suffer Damage
· Check your building insurance policy and inform the insurance company of the damage.
· If you rent your premises, inform your landlord of the damage (access is being provided by the policy for inspections – contact 0845 3300222).
· Consider contacting your surveyor for an assessment of damage.
· Keep documentation, photographs and receipts relating to any damage/immediate repairs.
· Is the property structurally safe?
· Has the damage exposed further risks to health and safety (e.g. asbestos exposure and other dangerous materials).
This information was kindly supplied by Julie Gingell of SA Law.