If Business Premises Suffer Damage

·    Check your building insurance policy and inform the insurance company of the damage.

·    If you rent your premises, inform your landlord of the damage (access is being provided by the policy for inspections – contact 0845 3300222).

·    Consider contacting your surveyor for an assessment of damage.

·    Keep documentation, photographs and receipts relating to any damage/immediate repairs.

·    Is the property structurally safe?

·    Has the damage exposed further risks to health and safety (e.g. asbestos exposure and other dangerous materials).

This information was kindly supplied by Julie Gingell of SA Law.