CVS Broxbourne and East Herts is now inviting local business people to mentor teams of 6th formers (Year 12) from schools in the districts of Broxbourne and East Herts, and take part in the 2013/14 ‘Broxbourne and East Herts Dragons’ Apprentice Challenge’ starting 26th September 2013. The Dragons’ Apprentice Challenge is a unique challenge. It brings together partners in business (the Dragons), local schools (the Apprentices) and local charities/community groups. The students are tasked with turning £100 into £1,000 for a local community group or charity through a business venture, under the guidance and support of a Dragon. Really helpful information about the Challenge can be found in this short video.
The benefits of getting involved
There are a number of benefits for you and your business in getting involved in Dragons’ Apprentice:
• It creates an innovative opportunity for staff development and training by introducing your people to new challenges, experiences and skills.
• Provides mentoring opportunities for young people who may become employees of the future.
• Enhances awareness and reputation of your company in the local community with your customers, suppliers and staff.
• Engenders increased staff satisfaction and motivation through working for a company that makes a difference to their local community.
• Creates opportunities for business to demonstrate their CSR credentials in a tangible way.
If you’d like to get involved and act as a business Dragon or nominate someone in your company to get involved, please get in touch with Penny Leighton by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
directly, and confirm your interest. You will then be contacted to complete the simple registration process with.