Dacorum will be hosting their first Schools Career Fair on 24th October 2018 at Shendish Manor. This interactive event brings students from the 9 mainstream Dacorum schools in direct contact with employers and training providers in one venue with the overall aim of:
- Helping young people gain meaningful encounters with employers
- Teaching young people about a variety of jobs and industries
- Educating students about the various routes into work
- Enabling employers to interact and network with teachers and school staff
The event targets students in Years 11 and 12 (15 - 17 years old).
There is space for 40 Employer/Exhibitors at the event and ideally like a good spread of local, regional, national and international employers, inviting both public and private sector employers to come along. Microsoft and GSK have already signed up and they are both bringing apprentices with them.
Key benefits for employers:
1. A fantastic CSR opportunity for businesses
2. A chance to advertise vacancies and opportunities to over 1000 young people (Y11 and Y12 students)
3. The event is truly diverse with all nine state secondary schools from Dacorum represented as well as the three special schools
4. Showcase all career routes within your firm and your sector, e.g. work placements, work experience, work shadowing, school leaver programmes, apprenticeships (including higher and degree level) as well as graduate entry
5. Cost is minimal at just £25 plus booking fee to cover the cost of refreshments during the day
6. It’s on your doorstep – Shendish Manor has plenty of free parking and is easily accessed from the M1, M25 and A41
7. And, if that’s not enough to convince your members, here’s a snippet from some recent research by the CIPD:
“Now, more than ever, businesses must shift from a ‘buy’ to a ‘build’ strategy,” Lizzie Crowley, skills advisor at the CIPD says. “UK employers invest less than many other EU nations in training and developing their staff. With an ageing workforce, alongside the potentially reduced access to migrants in the future, it is critical that businesses focus on building the skills of their existing workforce.” This is particularly true in the current tight labour market – and, here’s another stat for you: more than half of business leaders think their skills gaps could worsen over the next year, and 44% expect their organisation to struggle financially during that time.
The cost of £25 (plus booking fee), enables us to provide you with refreshments throughout the day for up to 2 people. Please use link below to book your stand or contact firstname.lastname@example.org