Find out how Investment in Young People (IiYP) accreditation can help you to attract the best young talent to your business or organisation by looking at the FAQs below:
Here are some FAQs to help you understand how IiYP can support your business or organisation.
Investment in Young People (IiYP) is an Award that has been established to recognise and celebrate the important work and time that companies invest when helping young people to gain employability skills and prepare them for the future.
As young people are the employees of tomorrow the Investment in Young People (IiYP) accreditation can help you attract the best young talent to your business or organisation.
The IiYP accreditation is a national initiative of the British Chamber of Commerce’s (BCC) Young Chamber and makes you stand out from the crowd as a Hertfordshire-based employer of choice. This will help to attract and promote Hertfordshire-based jobs which are competing with London, Cambridge and elsewhere - giving you, Hertfordshire employers, the tools to reduce your recruitment costs and help you satisfy your replacement staff demand.
The IiYP accreditation is a kite mark for businesses that have demonstrated their support work in developing young people to gain employability skills and assisting them in the transition from education into the world of work.
If your business can answer the following questions, you are ready to apply for this accreditation kitemark that recognises and celebrates the important work businesses are doing with young people:
The accreditation process has a few straightforward steps.
1. Visit the IiYP registration page on the Young Chamber’s website and register your business (you will receive a user name and password);
2. Once you have finalised your answers to the ten questions above, complete the online self-assessment application form (using your user name and password);
3. You will then be asked to pay the relevant fee (see below) by online payment;
4. The Hertfordshire Chamber of Commerce will be notified of your application and payment, and will contact you to arrange a date to visit your company and complete your accreditation. This will take approximately two to three hours;
5. On the successful completion of steps 1-4 above, and meeting all the relevant criteria, your organisation will be invited to become IiYP accredited.
Once you have submintted your IiYP application online, you will be required to pay the registration and administration fee to take part in the scheme, this fee covers each employer for a two-year period. The scale of fees is as follows:
You will also be able to:
If your business has any difficulty recruiting suitable and appropriate young people, you should consider working with our Young Chamber team, find out more about Young Chamber by contacting Courteney Black (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Working with the Young Chamber team you could engage in activities such as:
This is not an exhaustive list and employers are free to provide their own examples of how they have engaged with their local school, college or educational establishment.
If your business in interested in taking on an apprentice you'll find all the information you need on the GOV.UK website here.
For any general enquiries or questions on IiYP, please email: email@example.com
Tel: 01707 502180