- An estimated 71,000 have been killed, buried or remain unaccounted for.
- 500,000 are now homeless and in need of support.
- 220,000 have been injured, many of them children.
- The devastation zone measures an area of approximately 100,000 square kilometres (40,000 square miles) -- an area roughly three quarters the size of England.
With rescue operations across Sichuan continuing, providing accommodation and medicine to those lucky to survive is now critical.
Tents, medicines & equipment are in short supply and are urgently needed. We appeal to the business community in the UK to help in supporting the effort to collect donated and purchased tents and medicines for China's earthquake zones. The Chinese Embassy and Consulate General will help in making arrangements at the China end to ensure a speedy delivery to the Earthquake area.
Please contact ChinaLink (0151 227 1233 email: firstname.lastname@example.org) if you are able to help in one or more of the following areas:
- Donations of tents (family size / unused in original package)
- Donations of medicines & other equipment (see the list attached)
- Offers of discounted supply of tents and medicines
- Donations of cash (we will use these to purchase discounted supply of tents and medicine)
- Offers of airfreight for the tents and medicines to China
Any enquiries should be directed to Dr. Kegang Wu, Director of ChinaLink / Chief China Adviser, British Chambers of Commerce at email@example.com / 07974753528
The full list of medicines and equipment required is available at www.chinalink.org.uk
This appeal is supported by: