The Communications Workers Union (CWU) has announced further strike action, in the form of two 48 hour strikes, from lunchtime on Thursday 4th - lunchtime on Saturday 6th October, and from the early hours of Monday 8th - early hours Wednesday 10th October.
This will be followed by an unspecified programme of weekly strikes, starting w/c October 15th, until the resolution of the dispute.
During the strikes, Royal Mail's priorities will be to:
- Keep mail flowing, by keeping as many sorting machines and vehicles as possible operating, and processing as much mail as possible through our system.
- Protect vulnerable members of society, who depend on Post Office payments of pensions and social security.
- Manage the needs of our large customers with bulk mailing - helping them post around disruption as best they can.
- Ensure that all customers can continue to post mail through the Post Office network.
- Prioritise Special Delivery services, although all guarantees will be suspended.