Following the on-going success story of Hertfordshire’s premier family event over recent years, the Show plans to offer even better enjoyment and value for money to Show visitors in 2008. Organised by the Hertfordshire Agricultural Society, the 2008 Show will be larger and feature the following new static Attractions: ·
- Wedding Marquee – From engagement to the Honeymoon!
- Heart of England Craftworkers Marquee
- ‘Chefs on Stage’ Cookery demonstrations using ‘local’ produce
- The Basketmakers Association demonstrations
In addition, the new Grand Ring live entertainment includes:
- Eagle & Vulture Show, and The Royal British Legion Band & Corps of Drums, on both days
- The spectacular 20 rider Royal Artillery Motorcycle Display Team will appear on Sunday only.
- The Hertfordshire Agricultural Society was formed in 1801 with the objective of promoting and educating the Hertfordshire public in Farming, Agriculture and Countryside issues.
- The 2008 Herts County Show takes place on Saturday 24th and Sunday 25th May at the Showground, Redbourn, near St Albans. Information on the 2008 Show can viewed on http://www.hertsshow.com/
- The booking line for Advance tickets for the Show (at a 25% discount) are available on telephone: 0870 350 2122
- In 2007, the total attendance for the Show was 20,000 visitors despite a very wet Sunday!.
- The Show attendance target for 2008 is 30,000 visitors over the 2 days.
For more information including publicity photographs, please contact Mike Harman – tel: 01582 792626