The security cordon should remain in place until tomorrow morning after which companies will have to make their own security arrangements if they have not already done.
Getting Phase 3 remains problematic as the Fire Service still have concerns about removing the "heat" from the site. When this is done, and there are no concerns about re-ignition, they will authorise companies to return. This is now unlikely to be before Friday morning by which time we expect that the Environment Agency will also have completed a review of the zone.
On Friday Morning, at a time to be notified, there will be a meeting for Phase 3 companies to explain why they have been delayed and the reasons behind it. The meeting will be at the Leverstock Green Community Centre and will be attended by key senior personnel from the Fire Service and the Environment Agency.
For the benefit of all companies a business advisory service will be in place at the Leverstock Green Community Centre from 10.30am tomorrow to provide advice (or to signpost businesses towards advice) on difficulties arising from the fire.
On a positive note the area has been visited today by representatives of the Government Office and the East of England Development Agency and we and other partners are now in discussion with them to determine how the area will be supported in the months to come.
Tim Hutchings, Chief Executive (07956 172208)
Business Help Line (01727 813435)