Aimed at adults of all abilities, each Premiership Touch Rugby League will be affiliated with one of the Guinness Premiership Clubs. A national final will take place at Twickenham Stadium at the Middlesex 7s on 18th August where the winners of each league will take part.
Wayne Morris, Premier Rugby's Community Manager, said;
"Touch rugby is a non-contact sport for all ages and abilities in a fun, friendly and safe environment. It doesn't matter if you have never played before as the rules are easy to learn plus its a great way to keep fit."
Glenn Whiu, from TouchRugby.com, said
"Rugby will be top of mind with the Rugby World Cup approaching this year and touch rugby is a great way to spend a summer evening with your friends. You get to play teams of a similar standard with more competitive leagues available for those that are up for the challenge. And if you are new in town, join as an individual player and get some exercise and as well as meeting some great people. The involvement of the Guinness Premiership clubs will make the leagues bigger and better than ever before".
Saracens Premiership Touch Rugby starts on Wednesday 23rd May at Old Albanian RFC in St.Albans with a TRY IT session available to all new players the week before. To enter a squad of up to 14 players it costs just £300.00 for an 8 week block (as little as £2.70 a week per player).
This fun non-contact game caters for all shapes, sizes, fitness levels and can be played by people of all ages and skill levels.
Each game lasts 40 minutes with a short break at halftime to catch your breath; each team has six players on the field giving you plenty of room to weave a bit of magic. When you start getting tired, don't worry a rest is only a raised hand away as you call for one of the substitutes on the sideline eagerly awaiting there turn to play.
• A minimal contact sport.
• Fun in the summer with your mates.
• Played by men and women.
• Open to all skill levels.
• The game emphasizes running, agility and ball handling skills such as passing and catching.
• A game is 40 minutes in duration (2 x 20 minute halves).
• You play on a field half the size of a normal rugby field.
• You can play in either men's or mixed teams.
• Teams consist of a maximum of 14 players, 6 on the field at anyone time with rolling substitutes.
• The aim is to get more touch downs (tries) than the opposition.
• This game is for everyone, social or serious, corporate or casual, amateur or professional.
• Touch Rugby is easy to learn and a great way to get in shape.
For more information or to register your team visit www.touchrugby.co.uk
If you would like to reserve your team a place before making payment please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01923 204602.