More and more Organisations are realising that their people really are their biggest asset. Business today requires managers to operate differently. Gone are the days of 'command and control'; we now need people who have strong interpersonal skills and are able to influence effectively. It has become extremely important not just to attract high calibre employees but to retain them by continually improving their skills. We expect our new employees to get up to speed quickly. Graduates understand the theory however, their lack of experience doesn't always enable them to translate this theory into sound business practise.
Lessons from sport into business (high pressure, performance driven enviroments) is highly relevant, hence this fresh initiative for the Hertfordshire Chamber of Commerce.
To improve the graduate's and manager's confidence enhancing their understanding of business skills to enable them to be even more effective and productive with their teams, colleagues, managers and customers.
By the end of the 6 days participants will:
- Be able to understand how to put into practise the theory that they have learned.
- Have completed a self diagnosis exercise on personal behaviours, Learning Styles and developed a personal development action plan (based on the questionnaire, feedback and discussion) for implementation.
- Have had the opporunity to share experiences with other graduates and understand how they can support their learning with real business examples
- Have developed a list of actions and foloow up support from colleagues to ensure the learning is taken forward and continues in the work place.
- Putting old heads on young shoulders
The cost per head is £2k for the programme that includes six masterclasses that will be one day in duration and held at Ashridge.
If you are interested in participating please contact Jill Coggins on 01707 398403 or firstname.lastname@example.org.